So, In November of this year, I will celebrate a wonderful 5 years in Western Washington, a couple observations stick with me:
- You people still cannot drive.
- Merging is a foreign concept, people drive 45 till the end of the acceleration lane, then try to merge.
- 'Old Man with Pickup Truck' or 'Subaru Driver' will never exceed 45 MPH on the Freeway.
- If your doing the speed limit, please move out of the fast lane.
- Seattle Nice is a real thing.
- Tourists are clueless here too, thankfully unlike in Southern California, they only come 4 months a year.
- People are amazed when I tell them I make a 45 mile one way trip for Del Taco.
- There is no In-N-Out.
- The cellular deadzone in the middle of the Ship Canal Bridge is annoying.
- Hipsters annoy me, hence I avoid Cap Hill, Belltown and Lower Queen Anne.
- 13 Coins is amazing, 24 Hour fine dining is a wonder to behold.
- Ivars Salmon House is also a similar wonderful thing.
- Weather - Most of the time its so pleasant, even if pleasant might be cold.
- I dont need Air Conditioning.
- 90 Miles to Fish on Rice
- Friends - I have some of the best friends in the world up here.
- RainFurrest is the best furry convention in the world
- Jobs - If you want work, come to Seattle, there are lots of jobs to go around.
- Housing is Cheap - you can get a 2 bedroom as little as a half hour from Downtown for 800 a month.
- Social Scene - The Fandom here is active, lots going on, lots to do.
Overall, I'm happy, I miss sunshine sometimes, I miss warmer weather sometimes, I miss real community, but I'm happy here.